Pages

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Busty Valentine: part five

(And this was originally posted on the Train Wreck, too, here. No comments were noticed.)

We're up to the seventh stop on the Be My Busty Valentine hunt, which is By Eve.

(from the Busty album)

This is another Valentine's lingerie set, with only a little texture flakiness involved. Most of that comes in with my current AO, yet another Frankencreation from several different pose-makers. (I haven't yet pulled one together for a heavier base shape.) So when my middle folds, the torso also folds. This is a known glitch, and the only 'fix' per se is not to choose poses that fold across the upper and lower torso bones.

(from the Busty album)

It's a plain corset--I don't mean unattractive by that, the ribbon bows are a neat little detail, and it's a reasonably detailed texture. (To me, it looks like a combination of red satin and stamped black leather; I may be wrong, though.)

(from the Busty album)

The only real problem is that the waist seams don't exactly line up, but it's not a deal-breaker; there's also a little oddity along the undies, but I can't decide if it's just pulling oddly at the hips, or if there was an attempt to paint in some "flutter". (If that doesn't make sense, this is what I mean; it's also called lettuce edging, which is seen on far more garments than just underwear.)

(Not shown: the Delphine skin included in the package. If I have time after all the apparel items are snapped, I'll go back and try on the skin.)

The eighth stop is Designs by Shalenda, and their offering was a defiantly busy strapless dress called "Blue Valentine".

(from the Busty album)

See what I mean? It's almost like a stained glass window got drunk and is reeling around a bar. Pretty, in its own way, but this pattern is seriously overwrought.

(from the Busty album)

Good flex on the skirt, it must be admitted, but again, with a pattern this busy, it's not going to match up as a smooth pattern.

(from the Busty album)

Wau. Pretty obvious side seams, unfortunately, too. Still, the black outlining along the corset both a) reinforces the stained glass window comparison, and b) makes the side-seam issues seem less noticeable.

And to be fair, when I was running around for the rest of the hunt, I was in this outfit.

(from the Busty album)

The ninth is Que Bella. There are two gifts available. For the first one, I had to shoot very carefully, because it did not come with panties, tap pants, or even a thong. Not ideal.

(from the Busty album)

The seams are fairly good, the design is pretty, though the red lace across the cups looks like a paper cut-out, not cloth. Overall, this one's cute, and I'm pretty sure it's going in the keeper pile. Even with the paper lace.

(from the Busty album)

And I adore the scalloped edging across the back, with the visual reinforcement of inserted boning over rings and lace.

And then I went to bed for a few hours, and when I got up, I wanted to try a deeper-toned look, so for at least the last picture, I'm wearing House of Rue's Cabal: Naif in burgundy, with a custom color setting of 69,9,19 on the RGB scale (then additionally tinted warmer). I wish that had a shorter color name; as such, it's not an exact match.

I paired this with Tutys' Valentine's Day eyes, and eXeEsS' "black '1' head 50" hair (such a...memorable name, don't you think?).


From Busty

The "Fancy Lace Dress", which is the second gift...well, it's not bad, but there are some things about it that aren't actually good, either. Like:
  • Why doesn't this outfit come with stockings?
  • Why is the skirt prim no-mod? My choice now is having the skirt prim visible in back, or visible in front, but not both--and making the prim mod, so I could move those two individual shaped prims farther apart, would have been a great help.
(from the Busty album)

Here's a shot of the corset dress from the side. As far as I can ascertain (and I freely agree, a bright red corset dress is not the outfit to wear with burgundy skin), this is not streetwear either, unless one is artfully posed in a picture window in Amsterdam. But it could have been an outré frock for parties, and semi-intimate gatherings...but no stockings. Stocking tabs, to be sure, but no stockings, and that looks very odd indeed.

(from the Busty album)

I do want to bring up one last thing: I give this designer full props because, while they also went for the spaghetti-straps option, they "tied off" where the prim cups meet the base layer. Not only does that continue the bow motif (the only place where it backfired is the texture stretching across the prim cups), but as a bow, we can gloss over the fact that parts of the bow don't exactly line up with other parts, because it's a bow, and our brains fill in the details without us needing to ask for them.

More when I get to them; we're now almost halfway through the hunt.

No comments:

Post a Comment