Pages

Sunday, February 3, 2013

Hello Titty hunt: part 10!

We're down to the last few stops on the Hello Titty hunt...which is a good thing, because at this point, I'm actually heartily sick of being parked inside my workbox! I swear, when this is all over, I'm retexturing the damn thing.

Stop #27 is [Cynful], and it's a sweater dress in dark teal:

(from the [Cynful] Fashion's gift for the Hello Titty hunt)

[Cynful] named this one "Vale's Sweatshirt dress", and it possesses a very low scooped neck; even so. I liked this one. It's simply textured and nicely aged, and since I happen to be a fan of teal, so I think it's a good color choice.

(from the [Cynful] Fashion's gift for the Hello Titty hunt)

The genius touch for me, though? (And the touch that's going to pull me into their store, even though their applier prices are on the high side...) They include three different skirt prims--one the "normal" pairing of two wedges for the prim, followed by both rigged and unrigged mesh panels. If you can't find anything that works for you, your best bet may be to change your shape. I'm wearing the plain prim panel, but if I hadn't wanted these two poses for the shot, I'd be in one of the mesh versions.

Only two appliers are included--one for Lola's Tangos, and a generic "other" applier. If neither work, it might be worth it to visit their store, or talk to the designer behind the brand, because there's now an entire store section that's just appliers for various brands, for their outfits.

Stop #28 is actually a gesture shop. Their offering for the hunt? But of course, a gesture:

[04:02] Emilly Orr: ▷✴◀
[04:02] Emilly Orr: o(‧”’‧)o
[04:02] Emilly Orr: (⊙) (⊙)
[04:02] Emilly Orr: 𝕙ҽ𝕝𝕝ơ ╄ℹ╄╄ℹ𝕖𝕤

...Yeah. That's...about all it does. I have no use for it. We'll just move on.

Stop #29 brings us to D&G:

(from the fashion album; D&G's black and pink skimmer dress for the Hello Titty hunt)

...and a malfunctioning skirt prim. Which was somewhat soul-crushing, after seeing how perfectly [Cynful] set up their minidress prim. What's so bad about D&G's skimmer dress?

(from the fashion album; D&G's black and pink skimmer dress for the Hello Titty hunt)

That skirt prim. The dress itself isn't bad; at this point on the hunt, with fully half the stores (at least) turning in a black, a pink, or a black and pink gift, it's a bit derivative, but frankly, there was no way for D&G to know that in advance. I think the little ribbon detail along the torso is sweet, and they continue the quasi-confection vibe with the actual shade of pink used, because it's so pale.

But no, it all comes back to the skirt prim. It's no-mod. All I can do is move it up and down, and that really doesn't help. And if it were able to be modded, I could mod it for my shape, but as it is...Another cute dress gone. It's a pity.

Finally, we hit stop #30, SugahTitz, and...well...

(from the fashion album; SugahTitz' gift for the Hello Titty hunt)

...yeah.

I should note: I don't think this lingerie set is terrible. It's a simple set with a (figleafed slightly in this image) V-shaped white lace insert on the panties, and overall, quite serviceable. My only problem is that, after thirty stops on this hunt, I was thoroughly tired of seeing yet another black and pink entry.

(from the fashion album; SugahTitz' gift for the Hello Titty hunt)

It's not SugahTitz' fault in the least. The designer calls this the "Lazy Dayz" set, and it has some nice shading along the back, and the added conceit of the label is rather charming, all things considered.

(from the fashion album; SugahTitz' gift for the Hello Titty hunt)

There are some side-seam issues; they're not overly distracting, though, and to be fair, you'd only see them if you were looking for them.

It only comes with one applier, for Lola's Tangos/Lush combined. (And a wrap-up post follows this one.)

(Style card: My skin's still from Mystic Canvass, and it has another long name: "Trixie Skin-CL Pout Super Gloss Lip". Indeed. The hair's an older style called "Micah" from Exile [vintage 2010!], in Chocolate. The eyes come from Sin Skins; I'm fairly sure they're no longer available, but you're welcome to write Portia Sin and ask: they're the "Intense Obsidian/Garnet Eyes". And the shoes are from DV8, the Danse Macabre ballet boots in Pewter. They're no longer available.)

No comments:

Post a Comment