Pages

Friday, February 1, 2013

Hello Titty hunt: part 7!

First up for today, stop #19, ModaMia:

(from the fashion album; ModaMia's "Alecia" outfit for the Hello Titty hunt)

Gnnnng. This one's...horrifying. I can't...I can't even...

(from the fashion album; ModaMia's "Alecia" outfit for the Hello Titty hunt)

*breathes* Okay. If I pare it down to pieces, I know what's hitting me as beyond wrong on this outfit, and it's not the top. All things considered, while it's an intense shade of cherry-soda pink, the top included with the "Alecia" outfit isn't half bad. Simply because I wouldn't wear it is not indicative of much, in this regard: I think it's attractive, and fairly well-made; I just don't wear bikini tops out with pants, as a general rule.

No, where my problem lies is...well, it's here:

(from the fashion album; ModaMia's "Alecia" outfit for the Hello Titty hunt)

It's that. It's the saggy, barely held up in any real way that doesn't involve staples into my rear, wholly inappropriate leggings.

And make no mistake about my meaning: while the designer calls them the "Here Comes Trouble Jeans", these are leggings--or jeggings, even. These are not denim trousers with functional seams and a waistband that's actually encircling anything even remotely resembling my waist!

I am also going to step in here, purely as an unrelated observer who's been banned by designers in the past because of reviews: I am not saying this outfit is poorly made. Remember when I said, a few lines above, that this was attractive and well-made? I think, considering the intent of the designer, this will accomplish exactly what she wants it to do, and I have no doubt her group members will absolutely adore this pairing. (I'm not meaning any sarcasm in that statement, either--I've spent enough time in busty stores at this point to evaluate a lot of the 'average' look, and it's closer to Jersey than to Caledon. Which, admittedly, is more of a flaw in my chosen outlook, not the designer's aesthetic.)

(from the fashion album; ModaMia's "Alecia" outfit for the Hello Titty hunt)

Unfortunately, in general I do not want my outfits to feature large sections of my ass unless I'm spinning around a pole, and even there, I first think lingerie before pants. In fact, I had to hunt frantically through my inventory for a pair of underwear that I a) could stand showing to the world and b) would in some fashion blend in with the top and the leggings; all I have to say is thank the gods for Voluptia, because these were garnered at their grand opening on the grid, back in 2011.

This outfit comes with two styles of fishnet shrugs (fishnet, and torn fishnet), and two sheer shrug options (sheer black and sheer white), as well as two halters (black, and the bright pink). Only the bright pink and the initial fishnet shrug are shown.

It only comes with appliers for Lola's Tangos.

If that one fails to get me in trouble, I'm fairly sure stop #20 just might:

(from the fashion album; Renee India's "Donna's Summer" dress for the Hello Titty hunt)

On further reflection, I'm wrong when I uploaded these images; only one thing in the folder says "Donna Summer"; everything else lists this dress as the "Donna's Summer dress". Either way, it's not the dress name that's the problem, it's the dress itself. Or, more precisely, the pattern.

(from the fashion album; Renee India's "Donna's Summer" dress for the Hello Titty hunt)

Do you see what I mean? That distinct line across the waist, where the edges of the two system layers completely fail to mesh.

(from the fashion album; Renee India's "Donna's Summer" dress for the Hello Titty hunt)

I will freely admit that this is both a feminine pattern and appropriate for this hunt; however, taking such a bold step should at least be done with a seamless pattern. Perhaps there was no alternative; I've had that happen with more texture packs than I can name.

(from the fashion album; Renee India's "Donna's Summer" dress for the Hello Titty hunt)

There's also a skirt for the dress...

(from the fashion album; Renee India's "Donna's Summer" dress for the Hello Titty hunt)

...and the less said about that, the better.

I will also add this:...

(from the fashion album; Renee India's "Donna's Summer" dress for the Hello Titty hunt)

...that I truly think where the problem lies is not with the designer, but that she is, perhaps, stepping into new ground with this hunt. From everything I saw in her store, she's used to creating top-line couture with a definite slant to following the fashion moderne, and attempting something for implants at all should be applauded.

It comes with appliers for Lush, Lola's Tangos, Universals, and VString. And I'm going to stop with just two for this entry, because they ended up with so many pictures each.

(Style card: My skin's from SHINE, her "Slawa" line in "Magenta/Pale" [a group gift currently; joining the group is free.] The hair's called "Roxie 2", and it was found on Marketplace for free [though I think the giveaway ended in January]. The eyes come from IKON, from the Utopia line in Dark Red. [For the life of me, I can't recall whether or not these were a group gift.] The shoes, again, are from Anima Temptation, her "Dolora" ballet heels in Bloodshine.

(And yes, still wearing fake lashes from ploom; for some reason the SHINE skins seem to need them.)

No comments:

Post a Comment